Effective Date: 1/1/2017
The Service is designed to spread the excitement of outdoor adventure, whether just down the street or across the globe, by inspiring people to discover, explore and share their favorite outdoor activities and local playgrounds.
1. Use of the Services and Company Properties. The Software, the Website, the API, the Services, and the information and content available on the Website and the Services (as these terms are defined herein) (collectively, the “Company Properties”) are protected by copyright laws throughout the world. Subject to the Terms, Company grants you a limited license to reproduce portions of Company Properties for the sole purpose of using the Services for your personal or internal business purposes. Unless otherwise specified by Company in a separate license, your right to use any Company Properties is subject to the Terms.
1. Company Software. Use of any software and associated documentation that is made available via the Website or the Services (“Software”) is governed by the terms of the license agreement that accompanies or is included with the Software, or by the license agreement expressly stated on the Website page(s) accompanying the Software. These license terms may be posted with the Software downloads or at the Website page where the Software can be accessed. You shall not use, download or install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a license agreement unless you agree to the terms of such license agreement. At no time will Company provide you with any tangible copy of our Software. Company shall deliver access to the Software via electronic transfer or download and shall not use or deliver any tangible media in connection with the (a) delivery, installation, updating or problem resolution of any Software (including any new releases); or (b) delivery, correction or updating of documentation. For the purposes of this section tangible media shall include, but not be limited to, any tape disk, compact disk, card, flash drive, or any other comparable physical medium. Unless the accompanying license agreement expressly allows otherwise, any copying or redistribution of the Software is prohibited, including any copying or redistribution of the Software to any other server or location, or redistribution or use on a service bureau basis. If there is any conflict between the Terms and the license agreement, the license agreement shall take precedence in relation to that Software (except as provided in the following sentence). If the Software is a pre-release version, then, notwithstanding anything to the contrary included within an accompanying license agreement, you are not permitted to use or otherwise rely on the Software for any commercial or production purposes. If no license agreement accompanies use of the Software, use of the Software will be governed by the Terms. Subject to your compliance with the Terms, Company grants you a non-assignable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable non-exclusive license to use the Software for the sole purpose of enabling you to use the Services in the manner permitted by the Terms. Some Software may be offered under an open source license that we will make available to you. There may be provisions in the open source license that expressly override some of these terms.
2. Updates. You understand that Company Properties are evolving. As a result, Company may require you to accept updates to Company Properties that you have installed on your computer or mobile device. You acknowledge and agree that Company may update Company Properties with or without notifying you. You may need to update third-party software from time to time in order to use Company Properties.
3. Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in the Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit Company Properties or any portion of Company Properties, including the Website, (b) you shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Company Properties (including images, text, page layout or form) of Company; (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using Company’s name or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of Company Properties except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from any web pages contained in the Website (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) you shall not access Company Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of Company Properties may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means; and (h) you shall not remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in Company Properties. Any future release, update or other addition to Company Properties shall be subject to the Terms. Company, its suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in the Terms. Any unauthorized use of Company Properties terminates the licenses granted by Company pursuant to the Terms.
4. Third-Party Materials. As a part of Company Properties, you may have access to materials that are hosted by another party. You agree that it is impossible for Company to monitor such materials and that you access these materials at your own risk.
1. Registering Your Account. In order to access certain features of Company Properties you may be required to become a Registered User. For purposes of the Terms, a “Registered User” is a User who has registered an account on the Website (“Account”), has a valid account on the social networking service (“SNS”) through which the User has connected to the Services (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”), or has an account with the provider for the User’s mobile device.
2. Access Through a SNS. If you access the Services through a SNS as part of the functionality of the Website and/or the Services, you may link your Account with Third-Party Accounts, by allowing Company to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to Company and/or grant Company access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating Company to pay any fees or making Company subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third-party service providers. By granting Company access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that Company may access, make available and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through Company Properties (“Content”) that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (“SNS Content”) so that it is available on and through Company Properties via your Account. Unless otherwise specified in the Terms, all SNS Content shall be considered to be Your Content (as defined in Section 3.1) for all purposes of the Terms. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on Company Properties. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or Company’s access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through Company Properties. You have the ability to disable the connection between your Account and your Third-Party Accounts at any time by accessing the “Settings” section of the Website. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO IT BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS. Company makes no effort to review any SNS Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or noninfringement, and Company is not responsible for any SNS Content.
3. Registration Data. In registering for the Services, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Services’ registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You represent that you are (1) at least thirteen (13) years old; (2) of legal age to form a binding contract; and (3) not a person barred from using Company Properties under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree that you shall monitor your Account to restrict use by minors, and you will accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of Company Properties by minors. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (1) notify Company immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security; and (2) exit from your Account at the end of each session. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Company has the right to suspend orterminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of Company Properties (or any portion thereof). You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You agree that you shall not have more than one Account per platform or SNS at any given time. Company reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights. You agree not to create an Account or use Company Properties if you have been previously removed by Company, or if you have been previously banned from any of Company Properties.
4. Representations. BY REGISTERING FOR THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE USING THE COMPANY PROPERTIES, YOU HEREBY REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE FULLY AWARE THAT THE ACTIVITIES IN WHICH YOU MAY PARTICIPATE AS A RESULT OF INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH OR USE OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES MAY TAKE YOU INTO UNFAMILIAR AREAS AND/OR SUBJECT YOU TO DANGER AND HARM. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND ASSUME THESE RISKS AND HAZARDS, INCLUDING SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY OR DEATH, AND YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE ELECTING, VOLUNTARILY, TO ENGAGE IN SUCH ACTIVITIES, WITH FULL UNDERSTANDING AND APPRECIATION OF THE DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY ACTIVITIES IN WHICH YOU MAY ENGAGE.
5. Your Account. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to your Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Company.
6. Necessary Equipment and Software. You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to Company Properties, including but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use Company Properties, in cases where the Services offer a mobile component. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing Company Properties.
3. Responsibility for Content.
1. Types of Content. You acknowledge that all Content, including Company Properties, is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Company, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available (“Make Available”) through Company Properties (“Your Content”), and that you and other Users of Company Properties, and not Company, are similarly responsible for all Content they Make Available through Company Properties (“User Content”).
2. No Obligation to Pre-Screen Content. You acknowledge that Company has no obligation to pre-screen Content (including, but not limited to, User Content), although Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Content. By entering into the Terms, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of Your Content, including without limitation chat, text, or voice communications. In the event that Company pre-screens, refuses or removes any Content, you acknowledge that Company will do so for Company’s benefit, not yours. Without limiting the foregoing, Company shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms or is otherwise objectionable.
3. Storage. Unless expressly agreed to by Company in writing elsewhere, Company has no obligation to store any of Your Content that you Make Available on Company Properties. Company has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any Content, including Your Content; the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of Content; or the security, privacy, storage, or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of Company Properties. Certain Services may enable you to specify the level at which such Services restrict access to Your Content. You are solely responsible for applying the appropriate level of access to Your Content. If you do not choose, the system may default to its most permissive setting. You agree that Company retains the right to create reasonable limits on Company’s use and storage of the Content, including Your Content, such as limits on file size, storage space, processing capacity, and similar limits described in the web pages accompanying the Services and as otherwise determined by Company in its sole discretion.
1. Company Properties. Except with respect to Your Content and User Content, you agree that Company and its suppliers own all rights, title and interest in Company Properties (including but not limited to, any adventures, stories, titles, products, computer code, dialogue, concepts, artwork, animations, images, musical compositions, audiovisual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, reviews, profile information, and videos). You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Website, the API, the Services, or Company Properties.
2. Trademarks. ROAMWORTHY and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with Company Properties or in connection with the Services are the trademarks of Company and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in Company Properties are the property of their respective owners.
3. Other Content. Except with respect to Your Content, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any Content that appears on or in Company Properties.
4. Your Content. Company does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, when you as a User post or publish Your Content on or in Company Properties, you represent that you own and/or have a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, and communicate to the public, perform and display Your Content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any worldwide intellectual property right that may exist in Your Content.
5. License to Your Content. Subject to any applicable account settings that you select, you grant Company a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display, Your Content (in whole or in part) for the purposes of promoting, operating and providing Company Properties to you and to our other Users. Please remember that other Users may search for, see, use,modify and reproduce any of Your Content that you submit to any “public” area of Company Properties. You warrant that the holder of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, in Your Content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You agree that you, not Company, are responsible for all of Your Content that you Make Available on or in Company Properties.
6. Username. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, by submitting Your Content to any forums, comments or any other area on Company Properties, you hereby expressly permit Company to identify you by your username (which may be a pseudonym) as the contributor of Your Content in any publication in any form, media or technology now known or later developed in connection with Your Content.
7. Your Profile. Any Content posted by you in your profile may not contain nudity, violence, sexually explicit, or offensive subject matter. You may not post or submit for print services a photograph of another person without that person’s permission.
8. Feedback. You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Company through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum or similar pages (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Company has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Company a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, in connection with the operation and maintenance of Company Properties.
5. User Conduct.
1. Cheating and Hacking. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
1. Use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized software designed to modify or interfere with any Company Properties;
2. Interfere with or damage Company Properties, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information, or similar methods or technology;
3. Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of Company Properties;
4. Institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including, but not limited to, distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon Company Properties, or other attempts to disrupt Company Properties or any other person’s use or enjoyment of Company Properties;
5. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to Company Properties, accounts registered to others, or to the computers, servers or networks connected to Company Properties by any means other than the User interface provided by Company, including, but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device or software that is part of Company Properties;
6. Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Company system or network, or breach any security or authentication measures;
7. Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, Company Properties, systems, resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through Company Properties or any affiliated or linked sites; or
8. Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Company or any of Company’s providers or any other third party (including another User) to protect Company Properties.
2. Commercial Activities. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances (except to the extent expressly authorized by the Terms):
1. Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of Company Properties (including your Account), or access to or use of Company Properties;
2. Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
3. Use Company Properties or any part thereof for any commercial purpose, including, but not limited to communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation;
4. Engage in any chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys or other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise); or
5. Market any goods or services for any business purposes.
3. Unauthorized Use or Access. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
1. Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of Company Properties or connect to or use Company Properties in any way not expressly permitted by the Terms;
2. Systematically retrieve data or other content from our Company Properties to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, spiders, or otherwise;
3. Use, display, mirror or frame Company Properties, or any individual element within Company Properties, Company’s name, any Company trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Company’s express written consent;
4. Use any unauthorized software that accesses, intercepts, “mines” or otherwise collects information from or through Company Properties or that is in transit from or to Company Properties, including, but not limited to, any software that reads areas of RAM or streams of network traffic used by Company Properties;
5. Intercept, examine or otherwise observe any proprietary communications protocol used by a client, a server or Company Properties, whether through the use of a network analyzer, packet sniffer or other device;
6. Make any automated use of Company Properties, or take any action that imposes or may impose (in Company’s sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure for Company Properties;
7. Bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures Company takes to restrict access to Company Properties, or use any software, technology or device to send content or messages, scrape, spider or crawl Company Properties, or harvest or manipulate data;
8. Use, facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection to Company Properties, including, but not limited to: (i) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, any part of Company Properties; or (ii) any connection using programs, tools or software not expressly approved by Company;
9. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide Company Properties, or to obtain any information from Company Properties;
10. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through Company Properties;
11. Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
12. Use Company Properties to collect, harvest, transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;
13. Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting, or in any way use Company Properties to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; or
14. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, but not limited to, clear GIFs, 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware,” “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
4. General. In connection with your use of Company Properties, you shall not:
1. Make Available any Content that (i) is unlawful, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (iv) is violent or threatening, or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (v) promotes illegal or harmful activities;
2. Harm minors in any way;
3. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Company personnel, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
4. Make available any Content that you do not have a right to Make Available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements);
5. Make Available any Content that infringes the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary or contractual rights;
6. Make Available any Content related to a trail that is not legally open (seasonal closures are permitted);
7. Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, or any order of a court;
8. Register for more than one Account or register for an Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
9. Stalk or otherwise harass any other User of our Company Properties; or
10. Advocate, encourage or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing activities in this section.
6. Investigations. Company may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review Company Properties and Content at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Company shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any of Your Content for any reason (or no reason), including if such Content violates the Terms or any applicable law. Although Company does not generally monitor user activity occurring in connection with Company Properties or Content, if Company becomes aware of any possible violations by you of any provision of the Terms, Company reserves the right to investigate such violations, and Company may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your license to use Company Properties, or change, alter or remove Your Content, in whole or in part, without prior notice to you.
7. Interactions with Other Users.
1. User Responsibility. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users of the Services and any other parties with whom you interact through the Services; provided, however, that Company reserves the right, but has no obligation, to intercede in such disputes. You agree that Company will not be responsible for any liability incurred as the result of such interactions.
2. Content Provided by Other Users. Company Properties may contain User Content provided by other Users. Company is not responsible for and does not control User Content. Company has no obligation to review or monitor, and does not approve, endorse or make any representations or warranties with respect to User Content. You use all User Content and interact with other Users at your own risk.
8. Third-Party Services. Third-Party Websites, Applications & Ads. Company Properties may contain links to third-party websites (“Third-Party Websites”) and applications (“Third-Party Applications”) and advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Ads”). When you click on a link to a Third-Party Website, Third-Party Application or Third-Party Ad, we will not warn you that you have left Company Properties and are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. Such Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications and Third-Party Ads are not under the control of Company. Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications or Third-Party Ads. Company provides these Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications and Third Party Ads only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications or Third-Party Ads, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications and Third-Party Ads at your own risk. When you leave our Website, our Terms and policies no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Applications, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party.
9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors (collectively, the “Company Parties”) harmless from any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of: (a) Your Content; (b) your use of, or inability to use, Company Properties; (c) your violation of the Terms; (d) your violation of any rights of another party, including any Users; or (e) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Company reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Company in asserting any available defenses. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of your Account, the Terms or your access to Company Properties.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties and Conditions.
1. As Is. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF THE COMPANY PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND COMPANY PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. COMPANY PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
1. COMPANY PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) YOUR USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (3) THE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (4) ANY ERRORS IN COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL BE CORRECTED.
2. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE ACCESSED THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY OR PERSON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM AND ANY DEVICE YOU USE TO ACCESS COMPANY PROPERTIES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM ACCESSING SUCH CONTENT.
3. THE SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AND OTHER DISRUPTIONS. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION WITH RESPECT TO SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE QUALITY, EFFECTIVENESS, REPUTATION AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF SERVICES.
4. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
5. From time to time, Company may offer new “beta” features or tools with which its users may experiment. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at Company’s sole discretion. The provisions of this section apply with full force to such features or tools.
2. No Liability for Conduct of Third Parties. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT COMPANY PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE, AND YOU AGREE NOT TO SEEK TO HOLD COMPANY PARTIES LIABLE, FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OPERATORS OF EXTERNAL SITES, AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM SUCH THIRD PARTIES RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
3. No Liability for Conduct of Other Users. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF COMPANY PROPERTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF COMPANY PROPERTIES.
11. Release Limitation of Liability.
2. Disclaimer of Certain Damages. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH COMPANY PROPERTIES, OR DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF PRODUCTION OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF COMPANY PROPERTIES, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, RESULTING FROM: (1) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE COMPANY PROPERTIES; (2) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED FOR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH COMPANY PROPERTIES; (3) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (4) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON COMPANY PROPERTIES; OR (5) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO COMPANY PROPERTIES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
3. Cap on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT RECEIVED BY COMPANY AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF COMPANY PROPERTIES IN THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD DURING WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT A CLAIM. IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID COMPANY ANY AMOUNTS IN THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD DURING WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT ANYSUCH CLAIM, COMPANY’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO FIFTY DOLLARS ($50).
4. User Content. COMPANY PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR CONTENT AND USER CONTENT), USER COMMUNICATIONS OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS.
5. Basis of the Bargain. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU.
12. Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. It is Company’s policy to terminate membership privileges of any User who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to Company by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on Company Properties in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the location on Company Properties of the material that you claim is infringing; (4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (5) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for Roamworthy’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows: Copyright Agent, Roamworthy LLC, 2121 6th Ave #S1004, Seattle, WA 98121.
1. Violations. If Company becomes aware of any possible violations by you of the Terms, Company reserves the right to investigate such violations. If, as a result of the investigation, Company believes that criminal activity has occurred, Company reserves the right to refer the matter to, and to cooperate with, any and all applicable legal authorities. Company is entitled, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, to disclose any information or materials on or in Company Properties, including Your Content, in Company’s possession in connection with your use of Company Properties, to (1) comply with applicable laws, legal process or governmental request; (2) enforce the Terms, (3) respond to any claims that Your Content violates the rights of third parties, (4) respond to your requests for customer service, or (5) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Company, its Users or the public, and all enforcement or other government officials, as Company in its sole discretion believes to be necessary or appropriate.
2. Breach. In the event that Company determines, in its sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of the Terms, or have otherwise demonstrated conduct inappropriate for Company Properties, Company reserves the right to:
1. Warn you via e-mail (to any e-mail address you have provided to Company) that you have violated the Terms;
2. Delete any of Your Content provided by you or your agent(s) to Company Properties;
3. Discontinue your registration(s) with the any of Company Properties, including any Services or any Company community;
4. Discontinue your subscription to any Services;
5. Notify and/or send Content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; and/or
6. Pursue any other action which Company deems to be appropriate.
14. Term and Termination.
1. Term. The Terms commence on the date when you accept them (as described in the preamble above) and remain in full force and effect while you use Company Properties, unless terminated earlier in accordance with the Terms.
2. Prior Use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you used Company Properties prior to the date you accepted the Terms, you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Terms commenced on the date you first used Company Properties (whichever is earlier) and will remain in full force and effect while you use Company Properties, unless earlier terminated in accordance with the Terms.
3. Termination of Services by Company. If you have materially breached any provision of the Terms, or if Company is required to do so by law (e.g., where the provision of the Website, the Software or the Services is, or becomes, unlawful), Company has the right to, immediately and without notice, suspend or terminate any Services provided to you. You agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in Company’s sole discretion and that Company shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your Account.
4. Termination of Services by You. If you want to terminate the Services provided by Company, you may do so by (a) notifying Company at any time and (b) closing your Account for all of the Services that you use. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Company’s address set forth below.
5. Effect of Termination. Termination of any Service includes removal of access to such Service and barring of further use of the Service. Termination of all Services also includes deletion of your password and all related information, files and Content associated with or inside your Account (or any part thereof), including Your Content. Upon termination of any Service, your right to use such Service will automatically terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of Services may involve deletion of Your Content associated therewith from our live databases. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any suspension or termination, including for deletion of Your Content. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of Services, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitation of liability.
6. No Subsequent Registration. If your registration(s) with or ability to access Company Properties, or any other Company community is discontinued by Company due to your violation of any portion of the Terms or for conduct otherwise inappropriate for the community, then you agree that you shall not attempt to re-register with or access Company Properties or any Company community through use of a different member name or otherwise, and you acknowledge that you will not be entitled to receive a refund for fees related to those Company Properties to which your access has been terminated. In the event that you violate the immediately preceding sentence, Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to immediately take any or all of the actions set forth herein without any notice or warning to you.
15. International Users. Company Properties can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Services and Content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Company intends to announce such Services or Content in your country. Company Properties are controlled and offered by Company from its facilities in the United States of America. Company makes no representations that Company Properties are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use Company Properties from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
16. General Provisions.
1. Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you visit Company Properties or send Company e-mails, or whether Company posts notices on Company Properties or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
2. Release. You hereby release Company Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from your use of Company Properties, including but not limited to, any interactions with or conduct of other Users or third-party websites of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Terms or your use of Company Properties. Assignment. The Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
3. Force Majeure. Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials. [UK: If a Force Majeure event occurs that affects Company’s performance of its obligations under these Terms: (a) Company will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and (b) Company’s obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for Company’s performance of its obligations will be extended for the duration of the Force Majeure event. You may cancel the Services affected by a Force Majeure event which has continued for more than  days. To cancel please contact Company.] 4. Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to Company Properties, please contact us at: info [at] roamworthy.com. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
5. Limitations Period. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE TERMS, COMPANY PROPERTIES OR THE CONTENT MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
6. Dispute Resolution. Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
1. Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms or the use of any product or service provided by Company that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed, all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and Company, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
2. Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to Company should be sent to: 2121 6th Ave #S1004 Seattle WA 98121. After the Notice is received, you and Company may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and Company do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
3. Arbitration Rules. Arbitration shall be initiated through JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. IfJAMSis not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of the arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in a location within 100 miles of your residence, unless you reside outside of the United States, and unless the parties agree otherwise. If you reside outside of the U.S., the arbitrator shall give the parties reasonable notice of the date, time and place of any oral hearing. Any judgment on the award rendered bythe arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. If the arbitrator grants you an award that is greater than the last settlement offer that Company made to you prior to the initiation of arbitration, Company will pay you the greater of the award or $50. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
4. Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance based arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
5. Time Limits. If you or Company pursues arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim) and within any deadline imposed under the AAA Rules for the pertinent claim.
6. Authority of Arbitrator. If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Company, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages, and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the AAA Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and Company.
7. Waiver of Jury Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and Company in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
8. Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
9. Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
10. Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
12. Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
13. Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or Company may bring an individual action in small claims court.
14. Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
15. Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
16. Courts. In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within King County, Washington, for such purpose.
7. Governing Law. The Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the State of Washington, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms.
8. Choice of Language. It is the express wish of the parties that the Terms and all related documents have been drawn up in English. C’est la volonté expresse des parties que la presente convention ainsi que les documents qui s’y rattacent soient rediges en anglais.
9. Notice. Where Company requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Company with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Company is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by the Terms, Company’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Company at the following address: 2121 6th Ave #S1004, Seattle, WA 98121. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Company by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
10. Waiver. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
11. Severability. If any provision of the Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
12. Export Control. You may not use, export, import, or transfer Company Properties except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained Company Properties, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, Company Properties may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using Company Properties, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use Company Properties for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Company are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer Company products, services or technology, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
13. Entire Agreement. The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
End of Terms
Animas Media © 2017